Amplitude vs Offset
About the Skill Module
Amplitude variation with offset is used to modify risk in hydrocarbon prospects. This skill module introduces the concept, process, and application of the technology.
Target AudienceGeoscientists, engineers, team leaders, geoscience technicians, asset managers, and anyone involved in using seismic data that needs to understand and use this data at a basic level or to communicate with others that use it.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Define amplitude variation with offset/angle (AVO/AVA)
- Make approximations to the Zoeppritz equations, including Aki-Richards equation and Shuey's equation
- Identify the Rutherford and Williams classification
- Describe slope, intercept, and the fluid line
- Describe the methods for prestack inversion, including Simultaneous Inversion; Elastic Impedance and Extended Elastic Impedance; Lambda Rho and Mu Rho