Decline Curve Analysis and Empirical Approaches Fundamentals
About the Skill Module
This skill module applies basic statistical methods to solve a range of common challenges in reservoir engineering. The emphasis will be on decline curve analysis and curve fitting to measured data such as relative permeability, as an example.
Engineers or geoscientists who will occupy the position of reservoir engineer, and any other technically trained individual who desires a more in-depth foundation in reservoir engineering.
You Will Learn
Participants will learn how to:
- Exponential, Hyperbolic, and Harmonic decline curve application
- Transient vs. Pseudosteady State declines
- Effect of crossflow on the performance of layered reservoirs
- Using water-cuts, oil cuts, and water-oil ratios to calculate oil recovery
- Special considerations for gas reservoirs
- Decline curves for low permeability reservoirs
- Variation on the least-squares methods for curve fitting
- Common pitfalls for decline curve analysis
Product Type:Individual Skill Module
Duration:10 hours (approx.)