Design Engineering Management
About the Skill Module
This skill module introduces key aspects of design engineering for petroleum projects, including engineering success factors and the contents of the Basis of Design. Engineering Management and the preparation of engineering analyses, drawings, specifications, and plans are reviewed. A process for controlling of engineering is also covered.
Early career project managers, project engineers, facility engineers, production engineers, project controls representatives, and purchasing personnel who plan, manage, or participate on multidiscipline shale field development project teams. Conventional and Unconventional (Shale) projects ranging from $5 MM to $50 MM, including well flow lines, tank batteries, booster compressors, short pipelines and meter stations, that are a part of a larger field development program.
You Will Learn
- The purpose and content of each section of a Basis of Design
- How to document the general production and commercial parameters found in the
- Basis of Design for a field development project
- How contractor man‐hours for engineering design can be estimated
- Techniques for controlling the facility engineering design effort