Enhanced Oil Recovery
About the Skill Module
This skill module introduces secondary and tertiary recovery process. It describes how many of them work, how you can select the best one for your reservoir, and how simplified models can be used to approximate the behavior of these complex floods.
Engineers or geoscientists who will occupy the position of reservoir engineer, and any other technically trained individual who desires a more in-depth foundation in reservoir engineering.
You Will Learn
- The differences between secondary and tertiary recovery
- The comparisons between pattern and peripheral flooding
- The life stages of a waterflood
- The differences between miscible, thermal, and chemical floods
- Screening criteria for different floods
- Rules of thumb for predicting performance
- Simplified models for predicting performance